Things That Make Sense at an Open House
So this week I'm trying something different. I'm starting off with a video I made a few months back (like February?) during an open house I did for another agent. Also, this post isn't directed at potential buyers or sellers, it's rather information for other agents. The popular trend at the time was doing the Italian hand gesture while talking about things that make sense in whatever area they happen to be talking about. Mine was things that make sense at an open house. Also, I love the song that was chosen for this video trend. For some reason, this video is still getting the most saves and likes out of all of the rest of my videos on my real estate TikTok.
So what are some things that makes sense to have at an open house?
Lets start with the most obvious.
1.) Signs!
I need to let people know that I'm doing an open house! I want to bring people in so I have to strategically place my signs so people will see them and want to come in. I have 5 signs, some with my name and number, some that just say "Open House" like the one above.
2.) Sign-In Sheet
Have a sign in sheet! It is good to know who has passed through the open house so that I can follow up with anyone that walked through.
3.) Business Cards
This is another one of those items that is a duh item. I have everyone take my business card - it has all of my contact information on it.
4.) Pen with Clipboard
I have my pen attached to the clipboard so that my pen doesn't disappear. The clipboard is for the sign in sheet - by the way!
5.) Hand Sanitizer
Everyone loves to see hand sanitizer available - makes for an easy and fast way to clean hands when soap and water aren't readily available. This is especially good to have when I have snacks provided for my open house. And because the obvious that I will not state here 😆
6.) Snacks and Water Bottles
Who doesn't love free snacks and water? I usually get about one or two snacks (usually cookies or something sweet) and I have the little arrowhead water bottles. And this picture was literally the best one I could find for waterbottles and cookies 😂
7.) Property Flyers
This lets the people coming through know a little bit about the property and it has my contact information on it.
8.) Buyer and Seller Guides
These are important to have when I have anyone coming through who has never bought or sold a home before. It gives them an idea of what to expect from me as an agent if they need to buy or sell a home.
9) Wax Melts and Warmer
10) Bluetooth Speaker
I can't be in a quiet room... It gets really uncomfortable for me. So I like to play a little "inoffensive" music. My go-to is something I just found out is called "American Standards" such as big band music. I like a little Frankie, Dean and Bing in my life.
11.) Toilet Paper and Tissues
I never know if a house will have toilet paper - and if I'm going to be there for a few hours, I need to be prepared.
12.) Broom and Dust Pan
I have been to many a house where the floor is filthy from people coming in and out from showings throughout the week. To make the house look just a little more presentable, I bring a broom and dustpan along. Also to clean up any of my own messes. This is the only thing I haven't included in the video because this was the house that inspired me to start bringing it.
So there you have it! If you have any other suggestions on what I should add to my "Open House Box," drop them in the comments below!











Comments
Post a Comment